|From:||Tijuana, Baja California Mexico|
|Fights Out Of:||Tijuana, Baja California Mexico|
|Height:||5' 10" ( 177 cm )|
|Weight:||155 lb ( 70 kg )|
UFC Fight Night: Faber vs. AssuncaoMar 21, 2015
||30||2||0||1||R3 Decision - Unanimous|
TRAINING: I wake up, go to work. At lunch I go to do sparring (two days of the week). All the other days I train after work, and in the morning on the weekends.
When and why did you start training for fighting? I used to go to karate and judo and I fought in the first MMA event in Tijuana in 2002
What ranks and titles have you held? 170-pound MMAX fights and UWC champion. Brown belt in BJJ, green belt in Kenpo Karate.
Do you have any heroes? No
• 17 wins by submission (1 RNC, 6 armbar, 8 triangle, 1 kimura, 1 choke), five by KO
• Has 2007 submission win over Gabe Ruediger
• Has also faced Antonio McKee, Mac Danzig, Toby Imada, Ronys Torres, and Juan Puig
• Has won four of his last five
• 17 first round finishes
• Origin of nickname: “A promoter gave me the nickname; I don't know exactly why.”