photo 1 of 59
TRAINING: We are training three times a day, trying to cover all the bases. We spar several times a week.
When and why did you start training for fighting? When I was three years old. My father was a professional fighter and owned a Karate school. All the kids in our family started training at age three.
What ranks and titles have you held? Five-time world champion kickboxer, black belt in kempo karate, black belt in Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, black belt in kickboxing, blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Do you have any heroes? None
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? I want to fight the best in the world and I want to be a champion, so being the in the UFC is a dream come true.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? No
What was your job before you started fighting? I've worked at my family's karate academy, doing everything from cleaning bathrooms to what I do now as the head kids’ instructor.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 37-0, 16 amateur kickboxing titles:
1. 1999 ISKA Georgia State Middleweight Amateur Champion
2. 2000 ISKA Southeast Middleweight Amateur Champion
3. 2000 IKF East Coast Middleweight Amateur Champion
4. 2000 PKC National Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
5. 2000 IKF National Middleweight Amateur Champion
6. 2000 USAKBF North American Middleweight Amateur Champion
7. 2001 IKF National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
8. 2001 PKC National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
9. 2001 USAKBF World Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
10. 2001 WPKA World Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
11. 2002 IKF National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
12. 2002 IKF North American Light Cruiserweight Amateur Champion
13. 2003 U.S. National Martial Arts Team World Cup Light Heavyweight Champion
14. 2003 KICK North American Cruiserweight Champion
15. 2003 I.A.K.S.A. World Champion
16. 2003 IKF FCR Amateur Light Cruiserweight World Champion
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Undefeated - competed in the Chuck Norris World Combat League
Favorite grappling technique: RNC
Favorite striking technique: Spinning backfist